Paris Urban Planning Agency
Paris Urban Planning Agency (APUR) has various missions : to document, analyze and develop prospective strategies about social and societal evolutions. APUR is :
- a tool for planning policies and for the development of Paris and its metropolis
- a help for the implementation of Grand Paris according to its jurisdiction that is defined is the new territorial law (Maptam)
- a platform for exchange, dissemination and common construction for all the actors of Paris and its metropolis (technical unions, publics organization, local authorities and inhabitants)
Its missions are defined every year after the adoption, in general meeting, of the program of work that details the studies that APUR will realize for the administrators.
The program has four subjects:
- Data collection and maps
- Research around eight themes : Cities and urban patterns/ environment and networks/ public space and mobility/ habitat and housing/ economy, employment, tourism and trades/ supporting big projects of the metropolis. Each one of the subjects develop new datas.
- International studies in the framework of international cooperation
- Intern dissemination, for our partners and then for the public.
The majority of this work – except the observatories for the institutional partners – is available for everyone on APUR website and most of the datas are available in open data.
Furthermore, APUR can also carry out missions or studies ordered by local authorities or foreign authorities, if it is linked to its purpose.