L’Institut Paris Region
WHAT WE DO?
In 1960, a Government initiative gave rise to L’Institut Paris Region in an effort to establish a master plan for the Paris Region. Since 1983, L’Institut Paris Region has been affiliated to the Regional Council. With 55 years of experience in the developpment of the metropolis of Paris, it has progressively become involved in a wide range of urban development and planning projects on an international scale.
Digital transition, climate change, urban resilience, smart mobility, innovative ecosystems, sustainable development, collaborative economy, biodiversity, urban agriculture… In a fast-changing world, the 200 experts of L’Institut Paris Region explore all dimensions of regional and metropolitan life to help local decision-makers improve the quality of life and plan for the future.
L’Institut Paris Region is dedicated to territorial entities, offering analysis, studies and decisionmaking tools
270 missions in 50 major urban areas
L’Institut Paris Region has realized about 270 missions in 50 major urban areas throughout the world.
Examples of its experience include:
- diagnosing metropolitan development
- developing strategic planning documents
- and transfering techniques for urban management.
Our three key points are :
- A coordinated expertise capability in most of the fields of planning and development studies, this including technologies such as remote sensing, GIS, etc.
- An experience ranging from the municipal level to sub-regional, metropolitan and national territories: urban projects, development plans, strategic framework
- A world-scale list of references in Middle East, Asia, Latin America and Africa, among which Cairo and Lebanon, Shanghai, Santiago, Morocco and Abidjan are some key points.
These activities abroad are carried out through contracts and consultancies ordered by foreign national and local authorities, and by French or international bodies (UNDP, IDB, WB…).